- * 2 clear zip lock bags (1 per person);
- * 1 shipment envelope.
2. Mark the first zip lock bag with an ID and its relation to other samples (ex., "SAMPLE A - ALLEGED FATHER").
Note: Please, DO NOT LICK THE ENVELOPE!
3. Pluck 5-10 hair strands from the head
4. Make sure that the plucked hair strand contains the root since that is the site of DNA extraction
5. Place the plucked hair into the marked zip lock bag.
6. Follow the same collection steps (2-5) for the next person.
7. Fill-out the submission form or include a note with you contact information and details about the case.
8. Mark the shipment envelope with Forensic Genetics Laboratory's address:
Forensic Genetics Laboratory
9131 Keele St A2,
9. Attach a stamp with the proper value to the shipment envelope and mail.
10. In the final shipment envelope please include:
- * the collected samples;
- * the submission form;
- * payment (if the test is not purchased online)